NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suviveing spacebugs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialAdmiral[N]

ImperialAdmiral[N]

Suviveing spacebugs Empty
PostSubject: Suviveing spacebugs   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:23 pm

First off the map is a crucial part decideing if you will win or lose...a big open map with no chokepoints is generally a bad idea unless you plan to coordinate with your allies on createing chokepoints with units and stationary defenses. My favorite tatic is to start away from my allies and start with my back to a mountain. With this advantage you can build a line of defense from the base of the mountain towards a wall going left or right.
Then just eco until you can build an orbital,nuclear cannon,nuke,or a pinochhio and keep turtleing until the queen arrives in which you should already either have a pino or an orbital or the nukes with stockpiled ammo for them...this always works for me so try it out some day. lol!

PS: Dont forget the coastals to take out the ultras....
Back to top Go down
123v

PostSubject: fighting tankers and good def.   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Fast attack bots are the cheapest way to take out a tanker. I find a micro of 20 is fine for me. 20 cost less than one coastal. If you want to use coastals u should have no less than 3.

Units are good meat shields. Units will give more hp for cost so you do not lose hp from your def units.

Also a constant flowing spam is good to divert the tanker fire from hitting key targets.

Frequent Queen killers since version 0-1.10:

50 vashps can kill the queen in one pass
arm kbot t2 spam
a buzzsaw or vulcan
D gun
Sprinter spam
Back to top Go down
smokingwreckage

PostSubject: Re: Suviveing spacebugs   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:17 am

What difficulty, and what map are you guys talking about?

Got any build orders?
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Suviveing spacebugs   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:24 pm

if difficulty is hardest you should built a lab after 8000 build time and spam a bunch of peewees to stop the first wave or your unit of choice
zues are the best bang for the buck but take a long time to build
hammers have the reach with range and rockos have the armor piercing to stop heavies - I like 10 rockos spread out to stop heavies

t2 arm spiders are great for sunning the heavies

core cans are brilliant units

I often use 20 well micto'd fast attack kbots to kill the huge arty
I also like to d gun them
others use coastal guns and units with long range
if you can mass wings those work too
to stop arty from shooting valuable thing you must spam cheap units like fleas to mess up their targeting - the goal is to get a flea underneath them so the army shoots them selves

I like to use kbot aa to stop the air waves

I love to d gun the queen, long range plasma fire can also kill her as can many other things but these are the laziest methods
Back to top Go down
smokingwreckage

PostSubject: Re: Suviveing spacebugs   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:42 pm

ha! I wouldn't survive hardest. I can't quite beat hard!

Two units that I have found pretty great on Normal are Sumo and Crab, but they're resource heavy- however DAMN the Sumo can take some hits! I walked one up to a tanker, with 2 necro repair/guard, and killed the tanker before the sumo died. OK, the Sumo had friends, but he took a lot of tanker fire solo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suviveing spacebugs   Suviveing spacebugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suviveing spacebugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTA Forums :: SpaceBugs :: Survival-
Jump to: