The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

NOTA clan?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JoeNight

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Maybe we could use interesting names, while they are direct names. Like, i like fearfactor, it's interesting and direct.
but... wall/rock sounds like a porcer. gristly reminds me of bacon for some reason, but i like it to a point. meat and butter kinda go together(lol) but they are good names imo. while meat sounds like someone you'd need to watch, butter reminds me of butters on southpark.... nothing more be said lol.
Back to top Go down
Taim

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:37 am

123v, Bison(Bizon is that very large American animal which looks like a huge huge bull)
I think your ranks are also good
But as joe suggests, you might change the wall!(with bizon:D )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Decimator

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:53 pm

Slug
Weasel
Coyote
Boar
Jaguar
Kodiak

or

Pug - "Aww look at the cute newbie!"
Terrier
Bulldog
Rottweiler
Pit bull
Mastiff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: A good reason for a new smilie   Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:29 am

Quote :
Bizon is that very large American animal which looks like a huge huge bull
HA HA
OMG
*1-23v slaps himself
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 am

Well now we know that I like food and Deci likes dogs and mammals, yet "FearFactor" is neither. And I really liked the description "FearFactor."

:p Loved some of those ideas deci - Kodiac, Terrier, Pug or ALCU (awe look at the cute newbie)

I have been having trouble figuring out what would be the needed levels to differentiate skill.
What I see:

God - All powerful - "Your choice of a fitting quote"

Very skilled - very hard opposition - makes skilled moves/strategies successfully

Skilled - hard completion - works for skilled moves/strategies

Stronger than average - opposition but not heavily destructive

Average - fields a strong force - puts up a strong fight but does not have a strong unit mix

Functional - mostly uses units effectively but is not capable of handling a full battle

Learning - Not ready to fight - "what army?"

New - "Oh look! He found the mex in the build que!" - "oh nvm he built the solar on the mex"

I motion we abandon the god ranking as it is nigh impossible to perform at that level every game except in the hearts or the fearful. We could replace it with and "ascension" level or we could just make the highly skilled be the "FearFactor" equivalent. If we had highly skilled at the top that would leave us with 7 levels.

The next post has the levels and title suggestions for a final decision.

Last edited by 123vtemp on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: List of PYB/NOTA rankings   Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:27 am

Following levels will very with input:
(most are listed in order of prefereance)

7 -Fearfactor
6 -Bison-Zodiak
5 -gristle-Boar
4 -meat-Gristle -terrier-bulldog
3 -terrier
2 -butter
1 -Pug-ALCN(aww look at the cute newbie)

if simplified 4 = terrier/meat/gristle and 2-3 = butter (listed in oder of deemed level)
---------------------------
Lets simplify it some more:

7 Decimating

6 above strong
5 Standard out put for a strong playing stance = skilled
4 below strong

2-3 not much of a player
1 nothing

First should we simplify it?
Then which names seem most fitting/better?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neddie

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:34 am

Perhaps I was not clear, but my earlier post as "Spring M" was from the vantage point of server moderation, now server administration. It was a decision we made because other channels are handled in a similar manner. #7uP was under REVENGE's jurisdiction, despite his position as a senior member rather than leader, for instance. On the server the registrant keeps the channel barring inactivity or compelling evidence that he or she should not control it. This is server policy. We have made exceptions in this case to compensate for other errors in moderation oversight, and have turned this particular case over to you, but my statement earlier was one of general and reasonable policy.

I did advise against a single clan structure because when a game is dominated by a single clan (CA and LCC, E&E and EE, Classic War Evolution and XHC) the growth of the competitive sector is limited. However, since PWN is already a NOTA presence, I suppose you can simply start with one. I humbly advise, however, that you prevent this from becoming a monoclan environment.

If you want a healthy clan scene, which will promote your already healthy competitive ladder scene, I am at your service in any capacity I can offer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:13 am

That is absolutely right. It is the very reason I refused to play NOTA with the PWN tag, as they often stacked teams. I have watched such behavior push away noobs. It is very sad to see it. I detest stacked games and would not want to create such an environment. Given that a community is a nice one and not that of BA, the game balance should always come first. It is the makings or a good game vs a pitiful waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Decimator

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:11 pm

EE was never really a clan though. It's like adding NOTA to one's name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lazeh OK

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:20 pm

I have seen very few nota games that siffered from teamstacking, yes, half i did see were PWN vs nubs, but that isnt only becuase the host used auto balance, and no one spoke up, you cannot expect proper teams enless you speak up. Compare it to ca, ca is nearly unplayable due to lccc teamstacking and noobs ruining games.
Back to top Go down
Neddie

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 pm

Decimator wrote:
EE was never really a clan though. It's like adding NOTA to one's name.

Silence! I was illustrating the point, the facts are irrelevant!

Actually, I remember a few [EE] against random games. I was in the random half, o'course. Trust me, if those had been the norm, the community would have died out even faster.

On a total side note, I love E&E, and want to track Fang down so I can fix his computer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOTA clan?   

Back to top Go down

NOTA clan?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2