The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Custom unload widget

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Totbuae

PostSubject: Custom unload widget   Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Could it be possible to modify the custom formations widget so that it works with unload commands? The idea is to be able to drop transportable turrets in formation (the stock area unload command is fine for mobile units but it's not well suited for transportable turrets).

I've been trying to do it myself but since I don't really know lua it's been more of a trial and error endeavor.

Alternatively, a widget which simply tells transport VTOLs to unload exactly where they are would also work (you could load the transportable turrets, order the transport VTOLs to move using custom formations and then just order the transports to put the turrets down right below themselves).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom unload widget   Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:19 pm

I like the idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Custom unload widget   Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Thank you for posting that Tot. I think I never actually posted the need for a line draw unload widget in the NOTA forums. However I am sure I mentioned it at the CA site. The line draw would need each unload point to also create and unload area if it is to be fully functional. If it were not the greatest need would not be met. The need for intelligent mass infantry transport unloads. Obviously the ability to drop turrets in an orderly fashion would be a crucial improvement
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom unload widget   

Back to top Go down

Custom unload widget
Page 1 of 1