NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

balancing teching and econ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wolfen

balancing teching and econ Empty
PostSubject: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:07 am

i know this seems pretty intuitive for some people. i am not one of them, so any help i can get to improve in this arena would also greatly improve my gameplay in general. better reflexes and eyesight would also, but i will limit myself to things i can possibly do something about :> further, this is not an issue unique to NOTA.

i have heard various theories from m+25 being the trigger for t2 teching to the same lvl being a trigger for a second t1 lab. while this all sounds a pretty obvious choice to some, oncee again, i am not one of them. further, i believe that both theories may well not be wrong depending on the situation (on a smaller map go for the t1 lab, for instance). thoughts/suggestions, anyone?
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:03 pm

It does depend a lot on the map and the way the battle is progressing. Rather than looking at metal income, I think a more useful (but harder to judge) metric would be how developed the frontlines are. If the situation is still fluid enough where you can raid the enemy effectively, then you're better off getting more t1 facs. If the frontlines have become locked, a stalemate where neither side can make much progress, you're better off investing in tech 2 so you can continue to expand your econ with mohos as well as get the more powerful units.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:19 am

After you have 3 or more factories going t2 should not make a large dent in your spending. This is often a wise idea. Many games can be won long before t2. If the game looks to be in your favor, the best thing to do is end it rather than going t2.
Back to top Go down
Lazeh OK

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Or if your pro, make t2 after your first or second factory Razz
Atm fidos are very op, rush fido spam. and utilize your t1 lab for aa, and thats gg. (spam as in atleast 10). on larger maps it is sometimes wise to start t2 arm kbots first, as they are very fast and can easily compete with fast t1 units, cure doesmt have this advantage, sadly. But core does have napalm, if you rush napalm, you can RAPE enemy kbot armys, im not sure about rapeing flash with them anymore, now that flash have med armor though....
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 am

Any player rushing t2 will be massacred on the battle should he be fighting a decent player. Even if he got a few t2 units it would be too little too late.

Arty with unit backup will hinder the use of fidos till other support can be used. Air units are great fido killers. A well rounded t1 player can kill fidos for well below cost.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:09 pm

False, all of it. On large maps You can EASILY get alteast 10-15 fidos out byt the team your enemy feels compelled t advance towards your base. And fidos are massively op, they are built like tank, fast, do decent damage, have long range, AND are very cheap.arty cant deal with them midgame, as enless you make NOTHING but arty, you wont have the numbers, fido can easily kill undefended arty....if it is defended The can make a waving pattern while skirmished the guardians to avoid arty fire.
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 am

Such a choice would put you in a poor situation in mid - early game.

You enemy will have much more land econ and resources. he will easily be able to take the inflicted losses before removing the threat. By that point if it is a big map he would be a fool not to have air sport. His air suport would make quick work of fidos.
You would have needed to build a veh, kbot or air factory on top of all taht other metal you have spent towards fidos.
Also fidos are weak with no armor.
None the less the fido is a very have unit to have in you ranks.

I would also know first hand as I enjoy reckless strategies from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:04 pm

Also fidos are weak with no armor. LOL

FIdos are built like a fucking tank. gorund attack aircraft fails miserably vs razerback Razz

And you wont be able to use ue eco when every unit you make gets lol pwnt the second it amrches to the battle field.
Back to top Go down
JoeZero

PostSubject: fidos   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Fidos are indeed great units verses tanks but can't kill a pw in 1 shot. and razor backs are a waste of metal imo. they shoot at every air unit including a ff, and they can't hit anything, cept toads cause of loopback.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 pm

uhm, loopback makes toads DODGE mg units, lol.
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 12:26 pm

razorbacks aren't fantastic but I find them to be pretty decent for killing vashps.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:13 pm

And they pretty much outclass any other aa unit in the coolness factor Razz
Back to top Go down
JoeZero

PostSubject: Razorbacks   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 pm

nope, razorbacks suck at killing vashps unless they are guarded by something that'll take all the hits. otherwise they die before they get a shot off.

and loopback gives the enemy 100-(# of toads < 15 *2 +.01 #toad > 15)% chance of hitting. and by all means that means ANY unit.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 pm

YOU DARE CONTRADIC THE MIGHTY THOR? MAY YOU BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING AND SMASHED WITH HIS MIGHTY HAMMAR.

(aka, i disagree with joo Razz Razz )
Back to top Go down
JoeZero

PostSubject: razorz   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Razors do look cool from a distance. It LOOKS like it can do some real damage, but they actually are less effective then 1 aa machine gun, much less their cost in aa machine gunz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: balancing teching and econ   balancing teching and econ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

balancing teching and econ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTA Forums :: NOTA Discussion :: Strategys and Tactics-
Jump to: