The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Overkill
Admin

PostSubject: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:51 pm

In my opinion a destroyer, when allowed to fire at a commander early on, should be able to kill it, not just die from a measly laser, or light rocket. This is very annoying when you won sea supperiority early on and can get in range of comm, but alas, you cannot kill it with a "puny" destroyer and have to fall back untill reinforcements arrive, allowing time for them to rebuild their fallen fleet, or their allys come to the rescue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nota.forumotion.net
Overkill
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Unlocked because obviously it should be discussed more. Sorry decimator, i accidentally deleted your topic Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nota.forumotion.net
afrossen

PostSubject: Re: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:43 pm

i think that its right that the cheapest possible ship in the game shouldnt be able to take the com out, it would be rubbish to have a sea battle where you lose your com just because you lost the first fight of the game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Totbuae

PostSubject: Re: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 pm

If your destroyer wins the early sea battle you can make sure your opponent never gets back in the water by using subs to prevent the construction of another shipyard. Losing the opening dessie battle on a sea map is plenty bad without the dessie being able to take out the command center.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 am

IW was dealing with the concept that NOTA has salved.

CTs are strong so that people fight over the land. Who ever wins the land/ econ will then be strong enough to kill the tower.

btw it is not too hard to rush a CT mid game anyhow Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.   

Back to top Go down

Command tower weapon versus Destroyers.
Page 1 of 1