NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TOAD design

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
123vtemp

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:07 am

We need to figure out what it preventing the toad from hitting its target.
Factors that can cause a problem:
window or opportunity to fire before it mus break off
Targeting range / loss
minimum / max range
turning/agility to lien up or the point at which it would need to break off
window or opportunity to fire before it mus break off
turret angles

I think that the toad has problems lining up and having enough time to unload its pay load before it must break off.

It the toad had high maneuverability / but low acceleration it could position it self but I do not know who that would turn out for the rest of it. The vashp can discharge a play load at 850 range and the toad can not until it is at 750 range. Now it is different but before a taod had a los of 750 so it could not prewar for targets. That was one reason it would have to double back and if fighting ships would take devastating fire before it could even deliver teh first load it any.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:22 pm

Your problem is called LOOPBACK, ffs loopback makes them loop up early half the time, TAKE IT OFF LOOPBACK FOR GORUND ATTACK PURPOSES. (except vs mgs ofc)
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
123vtemp

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:08 pm

Normal does not remove the attributes which cause the toad to miss. Using normal is not a solution. Using roam and not maneuver is better but not a lot. The problem is still very much a deficiency.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:53 am

TOADs are still a broken unit :S

I hardly ever use them as a result.

I do hope we fix/find the issue
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 12:12 am

calling toads broken is being a little over dramatic I think. Yes they have targetting problems, but they were balanced with awareness to those problems. If they didn't have targeting problems they would be overpowered.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 8:10 am

hmm
I wished people used them more so I could get a better feel for their balancing

Also, Numpty has called the vahsp op. I think that it is not that the vashp is op but that the competition is no entirely there.

Weather or not it is true I feel that the taod will consistently fail too often for it to be trustworthy for most jobs.

But hellfish aoe FTW.
And yes ofcourse vahsp dmg and precision for it's own win.
Back to top Go down
Clownmite

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 4:38 pm

123vtemp wrote:
hmm
I wished people used them more so I could get a better feel for their balancing

I use them, not en masse but I usually have 5 or so flying around. Next time you play or spec me you can have a look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOAD design Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOAD design   TOAD design I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOAD design
Page 1 of 1