NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

freedom fighters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
afrossen

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:35 pm

you might have noticed that the avenger shoots from the nose, as shown:
freedom fighters ?action=view&current=avenger
and the freedom fighter from the wings just to either side of the nose:
freedom fighters ?action=view&current=ff
i think it would look good to have the ff shoot from closer to the tip of each wing because,
1, it would look cooler IMHO
2, Right now it looks just about the same as the avenger, and its nice to have differences between the sides.
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:43 pm

I took a look at the ff's model, and the guns are a part of the base model, so basically it couldn't be changed without a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
afrossen

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:45 pm

shame, thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 am

Actually, thor. If you would really want this, i can rip that model apart after im done uv mapping my tank. afro
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
Totbuae

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Contemporary fighters don't have their guns mounted on their wingtips for a couple of reasons. Number one is that wings flex under g-loading which would impair the accuracy of guns. Number two is that separating the guns from each other creates a space between their lines of fire through which an enemy fighter might slip by (you increase the probability of hitting and enemy with one stream of bullets but decrease the probability of getting in a good burst from both guns).

If anything, the guns should be brought closer together in the Freedom Fighter, imho.
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:00 pm

If it didn't require redoing part of the model, I would try it and see how it looks, but I think totbuae is right. I think it would end up looking not quite right if they were more spread apart, especially since there's no way to make the guns converge like they did for real fighters with wing mounted guns.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 5:37 pm

In thoery, couldt they each be turrets witha VERY small aiming radius?
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Yes. the Core interceptor does that. But then you have a "tie fighter' effect, where both guns veer towards the target. I just don't think it's worth reworking the model.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 11:42 am

Im bored, how bout new fighter models? Razz
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 1:09 pm

If you could make a better avenger model, that would be great. I like the design, but the model itself is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
afrossen

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 12:18 pm

if you're gonna make a new model, why not make it with guns in the orginal position and with some a bit out aswell, that way whichever looks best can be kept.
edit: just to clarify, both positions on the same model, i'm not suggesting you make two.
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 pm

i started it last night, but wholy crap! does anyone realize how complex the avenger really is? Neutral
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:12 am

I like the fact that the arm and core units are different. some are more effective than others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

freedom fighters Empty
PostSubject: Re: freedom fighters   freedom fighters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freedom fighters
Page 1 of 1