NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Splinter vs BoD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scikar

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 1:40 am

Why is the Splinter so expensive compared to Box o' Death? Particularly build time:

BoD

500 M
3400 E
3400 BT

Splinter

650 M
4000 E
8200 BT

Now, BoD has 600 HP while Splinter has 1300, so that at least begins to explain it. Splinter is also a bit more effective against heavy armor. However, the Splinter has less range and requires line of sight. The extra metal cost I can deal with, maybe it should even be a bit more expensive, but I just don't see any reason for it to have more than twice the build time of the BoD.
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:31 pm

I think you're right about the buildtime. It doesn't need to be quite that high.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:04 pm

I find trans in NOTA too slow for load and drop vs the other mods
Back to top Go down
smokingwreckage

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 12:51 am

Splinter seems to be universally better than a HLT though, and the Immolator better than an LLT. AM I totally wrong here? They seem to be in the same role respectively.... although, they can't really shoot air.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:29 am

I often make those choices when I decide between the two my self
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Splinter vs BoD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Splinter vs BoD   Splinter vs BoD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Splinter vs BoD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTA Forums :: NOTA Discussion :: Balance-
Jump to: