NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NOTA version 1.51 released

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thor
Admin

NOTA version 1.51 released Empty
PostSubject: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 am

http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1532

Changelog:

v1.51

-Fixed various problems caused by Spring 0.77
-Added a quick fix widget to help aircraft return to base for fuel since that behavior is broken in 0.77. Most of the time bombers will behave as they used to, but sometimes they will still get stuck
attacking with no fuel, in which case giving a stop command will often get them to return to base.
-Added improved hitboxes for buildings and ships
-Strategic Bombers now drop much heavier bombs
-Heavy Strategic Bomber hitpoints and cost increased
-Cruiser accuracy decreased
-Minimum water depth for cruisers and larger ships increased
-start radius and autotrajectory removed since they do not work in 0.77
Back to top Go down
momfreeek

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 am

I did some fiddling to fix nota. Couldn't get the air working tho, so I'm glad you sorted that out Smile I've been following the bug in spring bugtracker and apparently its fixed. Should be another engine bugfix release soon.

I managed to fix the start radius and autotraj gadgets, here's my notes:

LuaUI/Widgets/gui_startradius.lua
- widget was crashing but worked when manually started from widget menu.
- I figured waiting one frame might fix it (let spring initialise everything).
- i tried this bodgy workaround and it works so that'll do me.
- line 70 added
local skip_frame = true
- line 96 added
if (skip_frame) then
skip_frame = false
return
end

LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_autotraj.lua
- lua function name change. line 154, replaced:
math.mod
math.fmod

---

unit_customformations.lua widget was badly broken (crashes lua when drawing a formation line of minmap). Replacing it with one from latest version of SA appears to work fine.

---

Another problem we enoountered was with transportable turrets. We couldn't pick them up at all.
Back to top Go down
momfreeek

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 10:27 am

Another thing:

I tried enabling the new sub functionality (added subMarine=1; to the sub moveclass in MOVEINFO.tdf)

Subs going under ships is nice, but you could build shipyards on top of each other. Also, 123 seemed to think subs might be moving faster. Not sure on that.
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks momfreek. I'll put the start radius back in the next version. I think there was something else wrong with autotraj that made it not work right, besides the math.fmod thing. I didn't notice the tranportable turret issue until I released 1.51. It only seems to be a problem for the core fury. It could be that speeds on some units are a little better since the units don't have to come to a full stop to turn.
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:18 am

I do wonder what the new thoughts were which lead to the new bomber change.

Last edited by 123vtemp on Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 pm

what the new what were?
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 8:50 pm

I think you guys should use the new tag that doesnt make units stop to turn, its a tag, its not done automatijikly.
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm

by the way bombers feel a lot worse but I am not completely sure. I have only used them on the moon XD

not much of a fair testing ground
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOTA version 1.51 released   NOTA version 1.51 released I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NOTA version 1.51 released
Page 1 of 1