NOTA Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Forums for the total annihilation based rts: NOTA (Nota Original Total Annihilation)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nice overpoop :p

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
123vtemp

Nice overpoop :p Empty
PostSubject: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 am

Quote :
this will be good, i may include it in the unofficial nota installer i am working on.
Awesome Overk!
cheers

btw I have not been able to upload that campaign pack D:
It repeatedly fails, On top of that I have a garbage upload rate.

While I wait for new hope I may turn in into a proper installer Razz
We will see.

Last edited by 123vtemp on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 am

and btw

WHAT THE F*** !

Quote :
I heard they were doing away with mods in the installer, so each mod needs it own installer. This is good in ways, bad in others.

The first and foremost thing Spring needs is one and only one installer so that it can actually be distributed to the public
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:17 pm

I STRONGLY disagree with you. spring isnt a game, with mods, it is an engine with GAMES. also, do the missions even work? if so ill add them in the installer right now.
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 12:41 pm

Overkill did you even notice I was happy with you?
Still all you say is "I STRONGLY disagree with you. spring isnt a game, with mods, it is an engine with GAMES. also, do the missions even work? if so ill add them in the installer right now." ?
Back to top Go down
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:21 pm

D: I just deleted my well formed thoughts D: now all I have left is a mess of what I tried to recreate

I was probable gonna end up posting it some where important but BLAH for now- gunna try to type what I wanted later this was my feebel attempt to redo it immediately:

Most spring mods/games are not ready or capable of being independent. They are in developing states, do not have the player base, devs to do the needed work etc, etc. . They need a place to nurturer them. ATM spring as we know it is the best we have. And it is not well set up. It does not have the infrastructure to support new players and it does a terrible job at gowning it's player base.

It would be nice if we had a well organized and professional place for all the mods and games to congregate around the same player base

Ideally every game would have it's own complete installer and battle lobby which featured its main mod, but also had sub mods of any games that were running on spring servers. This way players have some thing to do rather than just leave if no one is around for the mod or for what ever reason. It also keeps the spring engine player base networked so we retain more people It would be great if there was a cheek box for "I want a (insert game/mod you play) game" which then brodcast that to others and that notified you: !bing "desired players are ready" "join game"

Aside from the game's main lobby chat it would also be good to have a "Engine wide chat"

Having the spring engine player base games networked strengthens the sustainability of all spring games. Having independent lobbies will help games get away from other things that hold them back
Back to top Go down
Overkill
Admin
Overkill

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:30 pm

i am aware you were happy with me. you should see my related post in nota thread in spring forums, there are plenty of reasons to have an installer.

My plan:

Spring nota starter kit: all you need to get spring and nota running

Spring newb nota pack: all you need to play nota, missions, SB, maps..

Nota light pack: same as newb pack, but with out maps, for people who are switching to nota from some other mod.

Updater: contains only the latest nota file.
Back to top Go down
https://nota.forumotion.net
123vtemp

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 4:34 am

At least get about 3 NOTA maps in the light pack we would not want they to say NOTA is stupid because they do not have a good map for it.

Perhaps Expanded tropics, unified battle field and Aavikkov2 or Moon quartet would be good showcase maps for a small install I was also thinking of foot hills but this is already more than 3 :/

A small decent map list I came up with:
ExpandedTropics.smf
Moon Quartet Remake.smf
Aavikko.smf
AavikkoV2.smf
Tempest.smf
TheRockJungle.smf
unified_battlefield_v1.smf
Small Supreme Islands V2.smf
Small Supreme Battlefield Dry.smf
ArcticPlainsV2.1.smf
suggests Titan-v2.smf
Foothills-v08.smf
coldsnapv2.smf
Most should be fairly small for maps but some like the rock garden are just too god not to have Wink

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice overpoop :p   Nice overpoop :p I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice overpoop :p
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NOTA Forums :: NOTA Discussion :: General-
Jump to: